SnailyCADv4 supports Discord authentication. Below you'll find out how to get access to it.
Create Discord application
If you already have an application created in the Discord portal, you can skip this step.
- head to https://discord.com/developers/applications
- Click the "New Application" button in the top right
- Enter a name in the modal and press "Create"
- Once created, it will redirect you to the application.
- Head to the "OAuth2" section
- Copy the "Client ID" and "Client Secret" (these will be used later)
We'll now add the redirects required for OAuth.
- Make sure you're in the "Oauth2" section
- Click the button "Add Redirect"
- Enter the IP/domain to your CAD's API including the following path:
- Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page.
Once everything is correctly setup above, we can continue.
- Open the
- Add the following lines
This must be placed at the bottom of SnailyCAD's .env file
- Enter the copied values from earlier in the corresponding name
- Run this command in the root of the CAD:
node scripts/copy-env.mjs --client --api
- Restart the entire CAD.